Saturday, July 17, 2010

무한도전 (Infinite Challenge)

Saturday nights, Boyfriend and I usually make a point to be home at 6:30pm, ready with a pizza to watch our favourite show, 무한도전 (Infinite Challenge). For you Canadians out there, picture Kenny vs. Spenny times a thousand. Well, a little different, but stick with me here.

무한도전 is a comedy variety show where 7 famous Korean comedians compete in challenges and try to do crazy stuff. When I first started watching it, I couldn't understand very much, but a lot of their humour is pretty physical and now I can keep up pretty well with Boyfriend's help. This is the first Korean show I've tried to watch without subtitles. Yay me!

I don't know how explain except that its a bunch of middle aged guys trying to outwit and humiliate each other. What more do you need to know? The only thing that could make this program better is if there was some kind of embarrassing punishment for the losers (as in Kenny vs. Spenny).

The cast:

노홍철
Usually sporting platinum blonde hair, he's nicknamed "crazy guy" or "psychopath."

유재석
The Leonardo (Ninja Turtles) of 무한도전. I think he's the kindest one and he's in a lot of ads.

정형돈
Cute, fat, and awkward. A triple threat in my books.

정준하
He looks like a giant compared to the others, but I also think he's really kind.

박명수
The Kenny of 무한도전.

하하
I don't know much about this guy since he was off the show for a while.

Not much to say about this guy either.


Check this show out. The humour definitely transcends the language barrier.

Ashu

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like I would like this one.....kinda makes me wish I had a TV!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I've been known to have terrible taste!

    ReplyDelete